Battlegrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the arena

2 posters

Go down

the arena Empty the arena

Post by Lord Khriid Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:25 am

I was once stolen away from my comfortable life in my home village on a dark night, then forced to fight in the arena as a gladiator.
Am i worried?
No. I hear footsteps and a faint light floods from behind a door to my left.
I turn to face it; a man lumbers through, a huge, bulking silhouette. He grabs my wrist and takes me to the arena cage, where they hand me my wooden staff and my cotton robes,
There I wait until they let me free, free to face my nightmares in the other cage, alone.
The roaring cheers from the crowds, cheers for blood, gore...death. I sit down, crossing my legs, awaiting the peril that will most certainly come forth.

I jump to my feet suddenly as the clanking sound of the gate echoes around the shades near me.
I charge into the arena staff in hand, screaming at my would-be foes.
A frost Wrym slithers out of the other cage and lunges for my legs at a speed beyond comprehension.
I jump in the air just in time as the sharp rows of teeth snap at my last location. I aim my staff and call upon my inner magic, blasting at its tail with a bolt of fire, melting it.
The Wrym rights its direction, trying once again another charge, whilst I am still in mid-air.
I can literally feel it's breath along my spine as I roll in the air, dodging.
As I whip around, my arms and legs flailing, my staff-head snaps out and clonks it, bouncing off the beasts icy scale skin ineffectively.
The wrym's backside, where the tail once was, now spurts out guts, its blood freezing as it streams out, covering the floor, joining the bones and organs of its previous victims.

Now coiling itself around trying to cover its weakness, I hold out my staff with both hands clenching tightly, releasing a lightning bolt into the Wrym, striking it right between the eyes, paralysing it.
I walk up to the beast and stare it in the eyes. It stares back - defiantly. I look up to the emperor who sticks his fist out in response.
His decision working through his mind...will it be thumbs up...or thumbs down?
The pause seemed endless, I waited...waited upon my fate.
Lord Khriid
Lord Khriid
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Character sheet
Character Name: joe Khriid
Belles: 100
Class: Mage

Back to top Go down

the arena Empty Re: the arena

Post by Firefly Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:29 pm

Please do not train until the forum is complete, when the forum is complete you will be rewarded 150 XP
Firefly
Firefly
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Character sheet
Character Name: Zane
Belles: 100
Class: Ultima Paladin

https://battlegrounds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down